Dozens at Homeless Shelter Suffer Food Poisoning

About 55 people, including some children, fell ill with suspected food poisoning at a homeless shelter in Salt Lake City on the weekend. Officials said on Monday that authorities were investigating the source of the illness. According to Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Jasen Asay, ambulances and a bus were sent to the shelter on Sunday to take those sickened to local hospitals. The shelter residents reported nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea.

wochit_news