Russian Defence Ministry spokesperson Igor Konashenkov said that 40 targets of the so-called Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) had been hit in the latest round of Russian airstrikes, speaking during a press conference from the Ministry of Defence in Moscow, Wednesday. The attacks took place in the provinces of Aleppo, Idlib, Latakia, Hama and Deir ez-Zor. Konashenkov also spoke of an incident that happened during a recent mission in Syria, in which a Russian pilot was compelled to fly to within three kilometres of an American plane “in order to identify the aircraft." The incident occurred on Saturday when “Russian jets detected radio impulses from an unidentified aircraft” and proceeded to investigate. Major-General Igor Konashenkov said that “there was no intention to scare anybody” and that the Sukhoi Su-30M which conducted the investigation then “returned to its combat group to continue its mission”. That was a view echoed by the US military, which said that both sides “went about their business." Russia responded by sending “the Pentagon another series of suggestions concerning the avoidance of accidents in Syrian air space.” Those ideas will be discussed “today [Wednesday] during a videoconference,” Konashenkov said.
В любими на 0 потребителя · Гледания от други сайтове:
Графиката се генерира моля проверете след няколко секунди.