Connecticut Serial Killer Linked to Seven Victims

Police said investigators have now found the skeletal remains of at least seven people buried behind a New Britain shopping center since 2007 and that the suspected serial killer is no longer a danger to the public. Chief State's Attorney Kevin Kane said during a news conference Monday afternoon that it would be "unethical" to release the name of the suspect at this point. Multiple law enforcement sources have told NBC Connecticut that the suspected killer is imprisoned on unrelated charges. Police said their deaths have been ruled homicides. New Britain Police Chief James Wardwell said Monday that investigators have found at least four additional bodies over the past two weeks. One of those bodies belongs to Melanie Camilini, a Seymour native and mother of two who was 29 years old when she died. Camilini, Cusack, Menard and Martinez all disappeared in 2003.The state's chief medical examiner is evaluating the other bodies in an effort to identify them. Wardwell said the remains had been buried for at least a decade.



wochit_news