Student Kept Awake For A Week After Parasite Burrows Through Her Eyeball

OK, this is the worst medical condition you’ll hear about today. It all started to go wrong for 18-year-old Jessica Greaney after a drop of tap water splashed on her contact lens. As a result, the bacteria Acanthamoeba keratitis got into her eye and began to bury its way in. Greaney, a first year English student at the University of Nottingham, thought she had an eye infection as her eyelid began to droop – she said doctors initially thought it might be eye herpes.

wochit_news