Iran's official IRNA news agency reported that the detained Washington Post correspondent Jason Rezaian was back in a Teheran court on Monday for the second closed-door hearing in his espionage trial.
According to IRNA, the session was expected to last until early in the afternoon in Iran.
Rezaian, the Post's 39-year-old bureau chief, had his first closed-door hearing on May 26 in a Revolutionary Court on charges including espionage and propaganda against the Islamic Republic. U.S. officials, the Post and rights groups have criticized his trial.
Rezaian, his wife, Yeganeh Salehi, and two photojournalists were detained on July 22 in Tehran. All were later released except Rezaian, who has been held over 300 days.
IRNA said two other people detained with Rezaian were also in court Monday. It did not elaborate or say who those two are, but Rezaian's defense lawyer, Leila Ahsan, has previously said Salehi and one of the two unnamed photojournalists also face trial.
В любими на 0 потребителя · Гледания от други сайтове:
Графиката се генерира моля проверете след няколко секунди.